Alarm rings. It’s Monday again. No. Or it might be better to say oh, hell no? Again. Damn Monday. It seems like a ball hits us in the head in those early hours. Slowly procrastinating the awaking process. Getting ready for our everyday’s job. Maybe it is raining or it is cloudy. Winter. This day is simply not a day meant for working. You know what I mean.. it is one of THOSE days with no motivation at all. Another week with the old basket of belongings.
Why do I have to work on THIS Monday?
How is it possible that is Monday again?
It is that effortless Monday‘s ring which is quite different than any other ring… From that moment on everything goes as planned: our routine, schedule, course to be and nothing else can be done there. Is this really true? Is that all we got at the beginning of a new working week? Should we not be more excited about what is about to happen? Is there more to hope for? Do we really wake up every Monday morning according to our universal plan and just keep going on? When was the last time you tried to change your routine? What about those perfect Mondays – have you ever had one? Or it is maybe some other day? Are they your routine or you do make a change going forward?
We are all human beings who live happily in our comfort zone. The latter is a phenomenon that presents a nicely decorated environment surrounded with friendly people, usual jobs, daily routine assignments, same old path of hobbies and a simple lane of our personal life. What about changes in a lane of life? Oh yes, they do happen occasionally and we can actually say that we progress. Still, our comfort zone stays our lovely Monday ball of routine presenting our counterfeit lived dream. As soon as we say it aloud it makes more sense: “Wake up, train, work hard, hang out occasionally, sleep and do it again and again. Slowly we become slaves of our jobs, habits and the same way of life that we lead not just every Monday, but every day of the week.We are being nervous and tapping in place for some time but there is no actions to move forward.’’
So how do we know when we are stacked in routine? How do we accept that our reality is not a pursuit of our dreams and happiness that we are actually seeking for?
One of the best key solutions to recognize that you are stacked in routine and the fact you have to change something in your life is a very simple question you have to ask yourself: “If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I’m about to do today?” It is actually Job Steve’s intriguing statement which made me think about my own life routine “For the past 33 years I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself, And whenever the answer has been, “no” for too many days in a row, I knew I needed to change something.” But what do you do when you accept the fact that you are stuck in your daily routine? Monday routine or maybe some other routine? People tell you to think outside of the box? Go out of the comfort zone? What does that actually mean?
It is a magnificent place. Incredible spot where magic starts for anyone – outside of comfort zone. Magic of your dreams, happiness and greatness creating new, progressive and successful you.
Just take a deep breath and follow up these 7 steps:
- Reflect on your current routine and habits. Go all the way through every single one of the aspects of your life and identify situations which brought you happiness and what are the ones that entitled you to routine. What are the critical facts/situations which made you be ‘on time’ in the every moment of your life?
- Plan a new schedule of yours activity. Include new, simple and short activities in your daily schedule so you could diversify you daily life. (e.g. a route to work, add additional assignments in your regular work, get to know better a person near your cubicle, hang up with strangers, etc). Try any activity that doesn’t take much of your precious time and that makes it better, more colorful, different and interesting.
- Learn a new skill or topic. Read a new book, start learning a new language, dance, learn how to be creative, how to make the artistic things. Learning is a life long process. Successful people usually say you should be learning at least one new thing every day. Best way of the fast learning is to read articles, blogs, interviews, books, listen YouTube or Ted videos.
- Treat yourself. You can do anything you want. Visit a new restaurant, make or buy your favorite cake, go to a new theater, shopping mall, visit a cinema, travel to the country you have always dreamed about.
- Environmental change. Make a change in your room, enclose your home with items, posters, pictures and quotes that make you feel not only good, but great aboutyourself. Also, surround yourself with new people from which you can learn incredible things and make yourself more remarkable.
- Social Media update. Do take off one day per week from each and every social media. Write instead your journey or just chill from online influence and take this time for mediation, yoga or for your partner.
- Adrenalin .Do something extraordinary, crazy enough and something that is outside of your comfort zone. Accomplish something incredible, impressive and enough risky you are scared off.That is not according to your personality, outside of your limits, enough silly but extravagant. Do not try to be superhero, try to expand your views and be enough brave to step up in something totally new and damn passionate which will make your feel fear and break up all confines.
AMAZING THINGS HAPPEN WHEN YOU GET OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE!!!